Hard Surfaces / Cork
- The cork oak tree's bark is used to make the cork and it is environmentally beneficial. Without harming or cutting the trees, its bark is simply stripped away thus it doesn't affect the tree in anyway. The bark that has been stripped is replaced by new bark and in about nine years is ready to be harvested again.
- Cork has natural properties that are hypoallergenic and insect resistant. It contains a naturally occurring waxy substance that not only repels insects and mites, but mold as well.
- Cork flooring is easy on your feet. The advantages of cork flooring start with how it feels to walk on.
- Cork flooring tiles are available in dozens of colors and different shapes allowing for creative floor laying plans and design ideas.
- Cork flooring is durable. Properly maintained cork flooring lasts for many years. It can resist impact and withstand the abuse of pet claws and high heels.
- A good insulating material, cork keeps your house cool in summer season and warm in winter.